"PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM Operating system not found" when trying to install Server 2008 R2 from ISO
Hi, First time post! I am having trouble installing server 2008 r2 from an ISO that I downloaded from Technet. I have done checksum and the iso is okay. I have created a virtual machine using server 2008 r2 type. I start the machine and then connect the iso using "connect to ISO image on local disk..." option in the cd drive icon. It tries for a little and errors with: PXE-E53: No boot filename received PXE-M0f: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. Operating system not found. Also looked at the VM > properties > Hardware > CD/DVD drive 1 and checked Device type selected was Client Device I checked the virtual machine in options > Boot options and made sure there was a delay for the boot iso to be recognised and then I thought it might be trying pixie boot so I opened the BIOS on the virtual machine and moved Network boot to the bottom I have faith in the ISO because I accidentally tried installing onto an Ubuntu VM I had created and it got to the windows loading screen for the DVD. Any thoughts why I can't install using a Windows 2008 r2 iso onto esxi 5.0? Thanks, Shaun
September 19th, 2011 7:32pm

Hi Shaun, I have seen this behaviour before when the system attempts to boot from a network drive. Try the VM bios and see if there is a parameter called lannet enabled. If so try disabling that and go again! Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 9:19pm

Hi Martin, So I found the issue just now. It seems like I had to create the VM, then change the boot options in VMWare to force start bios then in there alter the boot to CD first, so the iso could boot from VMware. I had a look for your lannet and couldn't find it, but it is good to know for if this happens again. Thanks for responding quickly! Best wishes, Shaun
September 19th, 2011 10:38pm

Hi Shaun, Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your feedback and sharing. Best Regards, NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2011 6:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics